Stay tuned for upcoming events!
2022 BCYL Leadership Conference
BC Young Leaders’ 7th annual Leadership Conference took place in person from September 22-23, 2022 at the Sheraton Wall Center Hotel in Vancouver.
We focused forward to look at “Credit Unions of the Future” and how YOU can prepare yourself to lead through change with impact.
The lineup included interactive and immersive speakers, panels, and networking sessions including:
- Our Credit Union System – Opening Discussion with Tanya Mueller Smith, Manager, Member Relations and Sales – CUES
- The State of the System with Bill Corbett, CEO, Stabilization Central Credit Union
- The Future of Technology and its impacts on credit unions as a system with Drew Wilczynski, Executive Director, CUCC
- The Credit Unions of the Future panel featuring:
- Alexa Creelman, Manager Member Relations and ESG, Central 1
- Bill Kiss, co-CEO, G&F Financial Group
- Chris Catliff, President & CEO, BlueShore Financial
- Mohamed Ladak, Chief Operating Officer, Bulkley Valley Credit Union
- The Future of Leadership with Sheh Shojaee, Director of Operations & Strategic HR, CPHR BC & Yukon
- The Future of You panel featuring:
- Barry Delaney, President & CEO, SASCU Financial Group
- Brieann Spencer, Senior HR Business Partner, First West Credit Union
- Janelle Aaker, Chief Equity & People Officer, Vancity
- Strategic Agility is a Habit workshop with Michelle Penney, Owner and Founder, Michelle Penney Coaching & Consulting
- Keynote – It Starts with You! How to Elevate Your Influence and Drive Success in a Radically Changing World by Michelle Ray, Author and Founder, Lead Yourself First Enterprises
All woven together by your conference hosts, which included our very own BCYL Working Committee members.
Questions? Send us an email
2021 BCYL Leadership Conference
BC Young Leaders’ 6th annual Leadership Conference took place virtually from October 18 to 19, 2021!
We focused on “Harnessing the Leader Within”. We heard from CU leaders on authentic leadership, identifying and developing your strengths, inclusive leadership, and how to build your own personal brand.
2019 BCYL Leadership Conference
Registration is now open!
Our 4th annual Leadership Conference takes place in Kelowna, September 27-28, 2019! Join us at the spectacular Delta Marriot Grand Okanagan Resort for two exciting days focused on preparing you for the imminent changes in our industry. Expand your leadership performance, grow your perspective, and engage in system change. As part of the BCYL Conference you will build your network, learn from system leaders, and drive the change YOU want to see our system.
Keynote Speaker, Rocky Ozaki, Co-Founder of NoW of Work Inc. will be sharing how the future of work is now. Are you ready??
2018 BCYL Leadership Conference
Our 3rd annual Leadership Conference took place in Vancouver, October 27-28, at the beautiful JW Marriot Parq Hotel. During the two days, our sold out group of 75 Young Leaders learned about improving our leadership performance, expanding perspectives, and engaging in system change. For the closing event we attended the Vancouver Whitecaps soccer game where we networked with credit union CEOs and Executives, helped carry the flags on the field before the game, and enjoyed the Whitecaps 2-1 victory over the visiting Portland Timbers.
2017 BCYL Leadership Conference
Our second annual BCYL conference took place September 28-29 at the Manteo Resort in Kelowna to a SOLD OUT crowd! It was a great opportunity for young leaders to network, share perspectives and hear from system leaders as we as we explored our conference theme: Leaders of Tomorrow.
Two Young Leaders go to Italy!
July 17 - July 21, 2017
The BC Young Leaders Network provided 2 of our young leader members each with a $4000 sponsorship to assist with their cost of attending the BCIT Executive Cooperative Field School in Vicenza, Northern Italy this past July. Northern Italy has been widely recognized as one of the world’s leading examples of a successful cooperative economy. The young leaders spent a week with a small group of CEO’s from the Canadian Credit Union system and were exposed to the Italian Cooperative Model; a model that demonstrates how cooperative relations among small local firms can serve global markets.
Learn more about the BCIT Co-operative Field School.
2016 BCYL Leadership Conference
November 17 - November 18, 2016
This was a fast-paced, high-impact two-day event that combined thought-provoking workshops with action learning challenges to create a unique conference experience that supported the development of leadership and strategic thinking skills. Conference sessions also provided attendees with insight into the BC credit union system, and the opportunity to voice their thoughts and viewpoints on supporting the continued success of the credit union system as we look to the future.