IMPACT – 2019 National Conference for Canada’s Credit Unions
The Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) is once again excited to present the National Conference for Canada’s Credit Unions.
Join your peers from across Canada for collaborative workshops, thought provoking keynote addresses, and the biggest credit union focused trade show in Canada.
This Conference is designed to give you the tools to make an IMPACT in a competitive financial services market.
The 2019 event will be held in Winnipeg, Manitoba from May 5– 8 at the RBC Convention Centre.
Registration Now Open!
CLICK HERE to register
National Mentorship Program
March 11 - April 30, 2019
2019 National Mentorship Program
The National Mentorship Program is fully funded program and offers mentorship opportunities across the following four streams:
- Director Stream: Collaborate and connect with directors from other provinces or credit unions. Earn up to 5 CE credits if you are an ACCUD (Accredited Canadian Credit Union Director) by being a mentor or mentee.
- Digital Agility Stream: A flipped approach to mentoring where those new to the workforce mentor those who are more senior to build digital awareness and confidence.
- Women’s Stream: While highly capable women are increasing their presence and influence in senior executive and board positions across the credit union system, there is more work to do. The goal of the NMP Women’s stream is to give women in supervisory and management roles the confidence to take that next career step.
- Leadership Stream: As in past years, the long-standing NMP Leadership Mentoring stream is open to leaders in senior positions wanting to mentor an employee in any operational area who is looking to build leadership capacity and has aspirations to rise to and succeed in a key position.
How it Works:
The 2019 National Mentorship program will be delivered in full digital format through MentorCity®, an online mentoring community.
- Get started: Create your MentorCity account.
- Pair up: From March 11 – April 30, search for mentors and mentees. Send and accept invites to match with someone.
- Relationship begins: Complete mentoring agreement, set goals, download the action plan, start collaborating with your partner and others!
- Program Duration: May-November, 2019.
Central 1 Member Forum & AGM
Interested in attending the Central 1 Member Forum and Annual General Meeting?
BC Young Leaders get a $100 discount!
BCYL members who want to attend this two-day event can look forward to conversations on topics such as:
- Leading in the digital age to compete and win
- Fostering innovation across your organization to serve clients better
- Ensuring credit union system health
- Understanding cyber security and privacy breaches
- Using data to harness the potential for members from younger demographics
- Leveraging the credit union brand modernizing to enable faster payments for Canadians
Where is it? Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
When is it? April 24 & 25
How do I get the discount? – Check your email! A discount code will be emailed to all BCYL members along with registration instructions.
Please visit Member Forum & AGM website for more info!
New Member Onboarding Call
Each quarter, the working committee hosts a new member welcome call for all BCYL members who have joined the network during that quarter. Please join us for this welcome call to:
- learn a bit about who we are and what we do
- meet other young leaders from across the province
- provide input on what you hope to get out of the network
New members have been emailed an invitation directly, but any members who wish to attend are welcome!
Leadership Webinar Series with Alisdair Smith
November 30, 2018 @ 1:00pm
Please join the BCYL Working Committee and esteemed system facilitator Alisdair Smith for a one hour interactive webinar. This webinar will walk through key insights from our 2018 Conference and practical applications for bringing learnings back to your credit union. The webinar is open to all BCYL members, we would love to see a mix of those who did and did not attend our 2018 Leadership Conference!
BCYL Leadership Conference 2018
Our 3rd annual Leadership Conference took place in Vancouver, October 27-28, at the beautiful JW Marriot Parq Hotel. During the two days, our sold out group of 75 Young Leaders learned about improving our leadership performance, expanding perspectives, and engaging in system change. For the closing event we attended the Vancouver Whitecaps soccer game where we networked with credit union CEOs and Executives, helped carry the flags on the field before the game, and enjoyed the Whitecaps 2-1 victory over the visiting Portland Timbers.
Leadership Webinar Series with Alisdair Smith
September 19, 2018
2018 Conference facilitator Alisdair Smith joined CCUA Assistant Vice President, Communications & Member Relations, Suzanne Peters, for a pre-conference webinar that explored CCUA’s National Vision Study and discussed what the future holds for leaders of the credit union system. This was a key topic for our conference and can be applied to a number of settings in the credit union industry.
Leadership Webinar Series with Janice Porter
April 11, 2018
Janice is a seasoned training specialist, focusing her training on how to authentically build relationships and communicate effectively, online and offline. Her training programs empower business professionals, entrepreneurs, sales teams, commissioned sales people, and job seekers to leverage the power of LinkedIn to maximize sales or connect with the network they need.
Leadership Webinar Series with Eric Dillon
November 30, 2017
Eric is a leader within the cooperative finance movement in Canada and has worked extensively to shape the credit union business model having worked in both large and small cooperatives. He has been recognized nationally and internationally for his work in social media, innovation and leadership and is an active mentor to many within the business community.
BCYL Leadership Conference 2016
November 17 - November 18, 2017
This was a fast-paced, high-impact two-day event that combined thought-provoking workshops with action learning challenges to create a unique conference experience that supported the development of leadership and strategic thinking skills. Conference sessions also provided attendees with insight into the BC credit union system, and the opportunity to voice their thoughts and viewpoints on supporting the continued success of the credit union system as we look to the future.
BCYL Leadership Conference 2017
Our second annual BCYL conference took place September 28-29 at the Manteo Resort in Kelowna to a SOLD OUT crowd! It was a great opportunity for young leaders to network, share perspectives and hear from system leaders as we as we explored our conference theme: Leaders of Tomorrow.
Two Young Leaders go to Italy!
July 17 - July 21, 2017
The BC Young Leaders Network provided 2 of our young leader members each with a $4000 sponsorship to assist with their cost of attending the BCIT Executive Cooperative Field School in Vicenza, Northern Italy this past July. Northern Italy has been widely recognized as one of the world’s leading examples of a successful cooperative economy. The young leaders spent a week with a small group of CEO’s from the Canadian Credit Union system and were exposed to the Italian Cooperative Model; a model that demonstrates how cooperative relations among small local firms can serve global markets.
Learn more about the BCIT Co-operative Field School.
Leadership Webinar Series with Jodi Chambers
March 8, 2017
Jodi, Collaboration Leader for Innovation at Cornerstone and Conexus Credit Union, can see a simple theme “Leading Change”. Change in how we do things, change in how we see things, change in how we serve our customers/members. Jodi shared her leadership journey around change and the power of collaboration within the Credit Union system.
Leadership Webinar Series with Shawn Good
September 7, 2016
Shawn, CEO of Prospera, leads the strategic direction of BC’s fourth largest credit union. As a passionate leader, Shawn has been dedicated to making a difference within the credit union industry for nearly 20 years and has been recognized nationally for his accomplishments.
Leadership Webinar Series with Sandra McDowell
July 6, 2016
Sandra, VP of Communication and Culture for First Credit Union, is a sought after speaker and facilitator on the topic of leading with the brain. She has been the driving force behind a coaching culture that has resulted in increased engagement and leadership capacity.